While it is in fact the 5th of January, my new sneakers are still embarrassingly white and the gyms are still crowded! It still feels like New Years to me though The year has been off to a great start as I’ve been continuing some of the habits I developed at the end of 2010 like seeing the positive things in life and getting back into my daily routine.
Last year I did not set any big resolutions for myself but rather 6 goals that I had hoped to achieve. I am really pleased with what I accomplished on that list last year but for 2011 I am hoping to really FOCUS more. Instead of broad, non-SMART goals, I will be focusing on smaller things. These goals, changes, desires, and challenges will hopefully help me continue to grow and learn and also strengthen this blog as a resource and place for those who are looking to make life sans gluten just a little bit easier.
Without further ado, a sampling of my goals for 2011:
- Be open – to new experiences, saying yes when I might otherwise say no, to learning, growing, and challenging myself!
- Be bold and take risks that are worth taking – I have a tendency to wait to do things until the circumstances are ideal. Sometimes I just want to take that leap of faith!
- Start saving for retirement
- Buy a dSLR camera and learn how to use it – I have always enjoyed photography and in the past year and a half I have enjoyed it more and more. Having a camera to take high-quality photos will help me explore this hobby and increase the quality of images I post on the blog.
- Travel to at least one place I’ve never been before – in 2010 I was fortunate enough to travel outside of the DC area 9 times. 5 of those trips were to Dallas; and I love visiting home especially for holidays. I would like to explore someplace new though!
- Exercise 4x a week, including cardio, weights, and stretching
- Try one new fitness class per month
- Successfully complete the Couch to 5K Program and run an entire 5K race
I have some other goals as well that focus on the blog and some big life things that I won’t be posting for now. They are hung someplace where I see them often to continually remind me of what I am striving this year!
Did you make any goals or resolutions for 2011?