The trend of living life versus blogging it sort of continues This weekend was full of all of the things that make them great – good friends, good food, fun activities, “me” time, and some time in the kitchen. Here are the headlines of this weekend:
- 1st trip to Hill Country BBQ in DC is a Success! Friends celebrated the completion of law school, authentic Texas food and vibe, discovered how allergy friendly they are, and then enjoyed a nice 2 mile stroll home after!
- Don’t get too comfortable yet – allergy threats lurk about! I had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant before seeing Bridesmaids (which I loved) and ate something with fish in it despite my standard bland / clean order. It was touch and go for a while with a pretty ugly reaction (after only one bite) but plain rice and sorbet helped me rebound so I could see the movie!
- Apparently all of my friends and I spend Sunday mornings at the farmers market. And we don’t coordinate but all go at the same time.
- Don’t window shop and forget to watch the sidewalk. I’ll let the 2 farm fresh eggs I broke be food for thought on how I learned that lesson
- Magazines help time fly by at the gym. I’m loving my Polar heart rate monitor and feel line I’m working out smarter! That also means getting to refuel with yummy things like leftover baked beans, black eyed pea salad, and cucumber salad from Hill Country!
- Quick and Easy Fix for a Mexican Food Craving = combine pinto beans, diced green chiles, and spices. Heat and serve over rice with salsa.
- No one makes cornbread like my mom but the craving struck and I mixed up a batch of muffins a la Gluten Free Pantry’s mix.
What were some of the headlines from your weekend activities?