Can you believe that today is June 1?! I’m in denial considering the big 2-6 is just 23 days way. sdkafad. It made me squirm a lil bit to type that!
- Be open – I definitely think that this is the year I’m challenging myself to have new experiences and to say “yes” just a little bit more. From hanging out with friends more as of late, hopping on the Metro for outings in other parts of the greater DC area, and committing myself to positive thinking and taking risks, I’d say that this goal continues to be a work in progress that I’m proud I’m accomplishing!
- Be bold and take risks that are worth taking – so I’ll have at least one update to share soon when the time is right and the planning wheels are spinning to share even more. Of course, these will come in due time when it’s appropriate.
- Start saving for retirement – on the back burner for the moment. But I save every month regardless.
- Buy a dSLR camera and learn how to use it – I love busting out my “fancy” camera and now need to focus on learning how to use it off of the automatic settings.
- Travel – I’ve been keeping y’all updated on travel adventures and am excited to say that I think a few more trips are on the horizon for 2011!
- Exercise 4x a week – this has become my new norm and I really enjoy it. I count things like accidentally walking 11 miles in a day or walking off frustration as workouts over strictly gym time. After all, life exists outside of the gym (even if they know me by name there )
- Try one new fitness class per month – I’ve been stepping out of my comfort zone and gotten creative with this. New classes include yoga on the National Mall, yoga in the park, SPIN (which I used to fear), and switching to my Ultimate Conditioning class that I love so much!
- Successfully complete the Couch to 5K Program and run an entire 5K race – not yet. I’m waiting to love running again rather than force myself to do something.
Did you make goals for the year? How are they coming along?