Thank you all so so much for your kind words, congratulations, and support of my big announcement yesterday. I never expected such a reaction and am really touched by each and every comment, Tweet, and email I received. Thank you!
Sharing the news took a weight off my shoulders and I’ve been feeling pretty good so far this week. The positive thinker in me thinks that by putting out positive news into the universe the momentum is building. It sounds a little cooky but that’s what I’m believing this week
Over the weekend I bought myself an early birthday present when I feel in love with this tank top by accident. I rocked it at the gym and am even more in love than when I first tried it on!
Lastly, I discovered a recipe utilizing rice sticks on the New York Times website that I’ve been wanting to try for a few days now. I’ve had some rice sticks in my pantry for way too long and thought this would be the perfect way to use them up.
Rice Stick and Shredded Vegetable Salad
Inspired by this recipe from NY Times Recipes for Health
- 1.5c thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2c julienne red pepper
- 1/2c julienne cucumber
- 7 oz rice sticks
- 1c shredded carrot (~1 large)
- 2 T fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- ~1/4c cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2T fresh lime juice
- 1/2t sugar
- 2T rice vinegar
- 1T low sodium GF soy sauce
- 1T grapeseed oil
1. Place the cabbage in a bowl, salt generously and cover with cold water. Let sit for 15 minutes, then drain and dry.
2. Meanwhile, place the rice sticks in another bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for 20 minutes or until pliable, while you prepare the vegetables. Drain, and roughly chop the noodles into smaller pieces.
3. In a large bowl, toss the noodles with the vegetables, mint and cilantro.
4. Whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and grapeseed oil. Toss with the noodle mixture, refrigerate for ~15 minutes to let flavors meld, and serve.
I served this salad on top of butter lettuce with crushed almond slivers and a few cashews and a light drizzle of teriyaki sauce. It was absolutely delicious and left me feeling not too stuffed on a gorgeous summer night!
This recipe yields 6 servings (1.2c each) so you will have plenty of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week!
What’s got you feelin good this week?