Lucky for you guys, I’m feeling a bit fiesty and had some things I wanted to get off my chest.
I really do love my Type-A planner tendencies. It’s how things get done.
As the year goes on the more I’m ready to commit to big change and pursuing my dreams. It takes me a while to warm up to ideas.
I often wonder how some people tie their shoes in the morning, let alone get anything else done well.
Mind over matter. I’ve found myself taking time to do at least one random act of kindness a day and it’s changing how my day goes for the best.
Passover ends tonight but I’m not really sure how many non-kosher for Passover foods I really want to start eating again. More to come tomorrow but I don’t miss too many things. Yet.
My mood, mental alertness / clarity has improved drastically since warm weather arrived.
Some things aren’t worth the fight.
And yet, some things are. I believe I am my own best advocate and will speak up when I feel I need to. #sorryI’mnotsorry I’m not oblivious.
What do you want to get off your chest?
I don’t know how it happens but while the work days seem to go by slowly here we are again on the brink of another weekend. That fact has me excited and looking forward to plans with family friends, yoga on the Mall amidst the Cherry Blossoms, and spending time with friends. Maybe I’ll even get to catch up on sleep?!!
For this installment of Three Things Thursday:
1. I’m really, really, really looking forward to my trip home in a few weeks. To say that I have Texas (and lots of different aspects of it) on the brain as of late would be an extreme understatement!
2. With needing to clean my apartment before my parents are in town and then to right after have to do an extreme deep clean (think cleaning on steroids plus emptying the cupboards, etc.) I’m less than motivated to do a deep clean of my apartment at the moment. It’s not dirty or gross, it’s just less tidy than I’d prefer it to be. I’m not sure if I care enough to do a good cleaning 3 weekends in a row.
3. Now that we’re at April (when spring really begins in my mind) I’m turning my attention to some big events coming up on the calendar. In an effort to feel my best I’m trying to shift away from many of my winter carbs. This week I swapped popcorn or other whole grain snacks with yogurt, nuts, and fruit. I think my body’s going to take some adjusting and I’m questioning this swap given my current workout schedule.
Anything you want to share on Three Things Thursday? How often do you clean your apartment / house? I tidy up and wash dishes everyday but like to save the heavy duty cleaning for the weekend when I can open the windows for fresh air!
Hi friends! I’ve been kind of MIA this week, for lots of reasons good and not so much. I thought it would be kind of fun to mix things up a little bit and share a few fun facts on this Friday morning.
- Growing up (and even now) I loved swimming and any water related activities. Yet, when it came to rainy weather and the risk of getting wet in real clothes I would stay as far away as possible. Yesterday’s torrential downpours reminded me of my dislike of wet “real” clothes.
- I love knowing what’s going on with people. When I was a toddler I would pretend to be asleep when my parents came home from dinner group or were entertaining friends. My dad always sprang me from my crib so I could hang out with everyone – I didn’t want to miss a thing!
- While I was home sick last week I rewatched 2.5 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix. I’m almost done with Season 4 and may just keep watching. Love me some Patrick Dempsey!
- I feel like I’m in a food rut and therefore haven’t been blogging too frequently. My meals have been simple- I’ve been relying on many of my staple ingredients and haphazardly creating quick meals. It kind of makes me question the blog :-/
- Spring feels so close and the thought of packing up sweaters and coats makes me giddy with excitement!
Any fun facts you want to share?
We are in the middle of a “spring break” of sorts in DC. The sun is shining and the weather today and tomorrow is in the 60s or higher! I seriously cannot describe how happy a bit of sun and warmth is making me. For this I am thankful!
I’ve been feeling a bit bored with breakfast as of late so I’ve decided to mix it up a little bit. I’m thankful for eggs fresh from the farmers market that I’ve been enjoying with roasted red pepper strips, tomato paste, lite cheddar, and on toast or an English muffin.
I’m thankful for being able to treat myself to a smoothie snack when warm weather after a hard workout makes my packed snack sound unappealing.
I’m thankful to still be involved with an organization I love so much and to be able to work with current members.
I’m thankful for an active rest day where I strolled in the sunshine at lunchtime. Everyone seemed to be out and about and smiling
What are you thankful for today?