Has this week flown by for anyone else? I chalk it up to packed days with tons of meetings but that’s great because I just realized tomorrow is Friday. Hooray!
I thought I’d share some fun little Thursday things since today threw me a little curveball.
- Curveball = a lovely migraine that emerged early this afternoon. I popped an Advil as soon as the blind spots started and luckily it disappeared completely ~2.3-3 hours later. It’s quite the experience to sit at work with blind spots and half of your body numb and tingly!
- Spin kicked my butt this morning. I went to a different instructor than my first class and she made us work really hard. I was toast by the end of class and it felt great.
- In my post-migraine haze I watched X-Men on Netflix and it kinda made me smile.
So after my afternoon excitement I wasn’t in the mood to do much but lay on the couch. When I got hungry for dinner, I whipped up a quick meal of chicken fried rice using various items from my fridge and freezer.
- 1/2c frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2c bell pepper strips
- 1/3c total frozen peas and corn (half and half)
- 3oz chicken breast
- 1/2c cooked brown rice
- 1.5T liquid egg whites
- garlic powder
- 1T teriyaki sauce
- 1/2T soy sauce
In a non-stick sprayed skillet cook up the vegetables until defrosted. Season with garlic powder and stir. Add chicken, rice, and sauces and stir until liquid is all absorbed. Create a well in the middle of your pan and add egg whites. Let sit for a minute to firm up and then scramble egg and mix with rice mixture. Cook one more minute (or to desired texture) and serve. I topped mine with some almond slices and sriracha.
This was a quick and easy comfort food meal on a night where I really didn’t want to cook!
I’m forseeing a little more couch time and then an early bedtime in my future so ensure I don’t get a repeat headache tomorrow. G’night friends!